Amazing Experiences Await
Organising your professional event in Bordeaux will bring to life unforgettable moments above and beyond your event. Discover a land of a thousand faces...
1. Historic City Centre
Immerse yourself in the heart of the city and follow in the footsteps of 18th century traders from all over Europe that made Bordeaux one of the most prosperous trading ports of its time. Let yourself be charmed by its long avenues, its stone monuments and its beautiful houses.
What to see?
- The Palais de la Bourse and the water mirror
- The Grand Theatre, the National Opera House of Bordeaux
- The St Andre cathedral and the Pey Berland square
- The Aquitaine Museum
- The old town gates that encircle the city centre especially the "Grosse Cloche"
- The narrow trading streets with quaint shops and restaurants
2. Old Docks
Off the beaten track, the Bassins a flot offer you an urban offbeat experience full of character. The former marshlands were transformed into an industrial zone with its submarine base and docks, the docks have since become a cosmopolitan area full of effervescence.
What to see?
- La Cité du Vin
- Bacalan Food market and Familia restaurant
- The Museum of the Sea and Navy
- The Submarine base
- The Jacques Chaban-Delmas Bridge
3. The river front next to the Garonne
Bordeaux should also be seen from the river that flows through it. Why not board a river cruise that will give you the city and its surroundings from another angle or take leisurely stroll along the riverside.
By bike, motorbike sidecar, Citroën 2CV... Go on a day out in the vineyards, taste the superb Bordeaux wines and learn about the culture and production. Do not miss the many treasures of Nouvelle-Aquitaine region, such as the medieval city of Saint-Emilion, the Citadel of Blaye or Fort Médoc...