Transport facilities in Bordeaux are constantly evolving: the international airport has the fastest growth in traffic in France, the high-speed train now connects Bordeaux to Paris in 2 hours, and a tram line is planned that will connect the airport directly to the city centre in 2021.
Bordeaux international airport
3 terminals (A, B, and Billi for low-cost flights), more than 109 destinations by direct flight with 33 airlines and more than 7 million passengers per year - the fastest-growing French airport. 150 regular national and international flights, more than 60 low-cost flights and access to 15 main international hubs: Paris, London, Rome, Madrid. Get fares and schedules
How to get to the city center?
- The 30’Direct offers a direct 30-minute service between Bordeaux Airport (Hall B) and Saint-Jean train station. Consult timetable and buy tickets
- The Lianes 1+ bus line provides a fast connection between Saint-Jean station, the city center and Bordeaux Airport (Hall B), with a bus each 8 to 10 minutes. Tickets can be bought in the 3 press outlets Relay of the airport, directly to the driver or at the distributors next to the bus stop. Consult the map of the line
- 12km separate the airport from the city center. Contact taxi companies or set up private transportation.
St Jean train station
High-speed trains to Paris (currently 2 hours), Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport, and Brussels. Over 11 million passengers/year. Get fares and schedules
The train station is connected to the city center, the Palais de la Bourse, the Congress and Exhibition Centres by tram line C (map below).
Note: stops between Gare Saint-Jean and Place des Quinconces are served by bus until the end of September 2019.
Paris (A10), Rhône-Alps (A89), Méditérannée (A62), Pyrenees mountains and Spain/Portugal (A63 and A65).
- 150 million of travels/year
- 3 tramway lines, 78 bus lines
- 2,000 "VCUB" bike rental service, including 1,000 electrical bikes
- 3 river busses "BatCUB" transporting over 300,000 passengers per year
- 1,100 km of cycle tracks