Tourism research facility
Bordeaux Convention Bureau has set up a Business Tourism Observatory in order to keep track of the key figures in this sector since 2015, and assess the impact of our initiatives.
Almost 40 key players in the metropolis’ business tourism sector are surveyed regularly, including conference centres, hotels and large scale events venues, local conference organisers (PCO), the University Hospital and the University of Bordeaux.
An exclusive look at the official figures for the first six months of 2019
- 1,792 professional events organised in Bordeaux Metropole (up 20% on H1 2018), a total of 213,200 conference days
- 70% corporate event participants and 30% conference participants
- 30% of participants based in Nouvelle-Aquitaine
- 16% international visitors
- 3 main sectors of activity: sciences & medicine – politics, law & social work – banking, insurance & property