La Cité du Vin welcomes its 130,000th visitor
Three months after opening to the public, La Cité du Vin has welcomed more than 130,000 visitors from over 120 nationalities to its permanent tour, as well as 250 French and international journalists.
A promising start
The schedule for private bookings is filling fast and several corporate events are programmed as from September. Despite an unfavourable international context for the development of tourism, and sunny weather more inclined towards outdoor activities, La Cité du Vin has got off to a promising start which should allow it to reach its operational target of 450,000 visitors annually.
Over 130,000 visitors welcomed in the first three 3 months since the opening of La Cité du Vin
- More than 130,000 visitors have visited the permanent tour of La Cité du Vin since the 1st of June, to which can be added visitors to the free access areas (the boutique, the reading room, the gardens…) and the restaurants.
- More than 120 nationalities have been represented: a majority of French (71%), followed by the British, the Americans, the Belgians and the Spanish.1/3 of French visitors are from the local Gironde area.
- Visitors have also come from Canada, Australia, Brazil and China.
- Some visitors have come from Barbados, Vanuatu, Namibia and Sri Lanka.
- 92% of visits are individual, 8% are group visits.
- Over 2500 seasonal ticket subscriptions have been sold: visitors convert their visit into a season ticket in order to benefit fully from the offers provided by La Cité du Vin.
98% of visitors are satisfied with their experience at La Cité du Vi
- The survey led by Kedge Business School has revealed a particularly high level of satisfaction:
- Almost all visitors (98%) are satisfied with their visit to La Cité du Vin.
- The permanent tour, at the heart of La Cité du Vin’s offer, as well as the Belvedere and the temporary exhibition have resulted in 98% visitor satisfaction.
- More than 60% of visitors plan to return, to relive the experience at another time and /or with other people.
- 80% of visitors would very probably recommend the visit to friends and/or family.
- La Cité du Vin is perceived as being very successful in terms of:
- Staff (welcoming, available and competent)
- Welcome, queuing time and information
- The Belvedere and the cellar
- Cleanliness and access to the site
Source: Evaluation Study of visitors’ experiences at La Cité du Vin, carried out by Kedge Business School.
Survey method: an instantaneous observation method, a technique which measures by sampling. Confidence level 95%, error margin +/- 3.8%.Sample: 652 visitors interviewed on exiting La Cité du Vin every day, including Saturday and Sunday.
About La Fondation pour la culture et les civilisations du vin: Individuals and companies can support the cultural action at La Cité du Vin by joining the Circle of Friends or the Circle of Corporate Patrons. Thanks to your donations, La Fondation pour la culture et les civilisations du vin, a foundation recognised as being in the public interest, can offer a rich and varied cultural programme all year round at La Cité du Vin and thereby transmit the age-old culture of wine to the greatest possible number in order to enlighten and contribute to protecting this intangible and universal heritage.
About La Cité du Vin: La Cité du Vin is a unique cultural venue located in Bordeaux, dedicated to wine as a cultural, universal and living heritage. It offers a spectacular journey around the world, through the ages, in all cultures. Visitors may book tickets at www.laciteduvin.com In September, La Cité du Vin is open Mondays to Fridays from 9:30am to 7pm and on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 am to 7:30pm.
Press Contacts: La Cité du Vin: Pauline Versace Ph. 00+33+(0)5 47 50 06 73/00+33+ (0)7 68 33 39 29 email@example.com
Agence Hémisphère Sud : Corinne Hennequin - Manon Anceaux Ph.00+33+ (0)5 57 77 59 60 / 00+33+(0)6 37 04 78 65